Volvo Ocean Race 2014-2015 Around the World - Starting October 11, 2014 ... archimedes. archimedes. oberon. oberon. oberon. oberon. oberon. eclipse .... (
Click on the ship name for the direct link to
MarineTraffic.com ship tracking page.)
Six ships of the Royal Navy have been named HMS Oberon, after the fairy king Oberon from William Shakespeare's play, A Midsummer Night's Dream:
- HMS Oberon (1805) was a 16-gun brig-sloop launched in 1805 and broken up in 1816.
- HMS Oberon (1847) was an Antelope-class iron paddle sloop launched in 1847, used as a gunnery target after 1870, sunk in 1874 during experiments with naval mines, raised in 1875 and sold in 1880. In 1870 she was used for underwater firings of Whitehead torpedoes.
- HMS Oberon was a coastguard vessel, previously the civilian Lady Ailne. She was launched in 1884, purchased in 1888, and renamed Oberon. She was renamed Hawk later that year, and then Undine in 1904. She was sold in 1906.
- HMS Oberon (1916) was an M-class destroyer launched in 1916 and sold for scrap in 1921.
- HMS Oberon (P21) was an Odin-class submarine launched in 1926 and broken up in 1945.
HMS Oberon (S09) was an Oberon-class submarine launched in 1959, sold in 1987 and broken up in 1991. Ca. 223.000 resultater
Following the sinking and due to the location in a busy point of a shipping lane (
the location ... The cargo of 2,871 new cars – mostly from
premium German and Swedish manufacturers including BMW, Volvo and SAAB – was removed from
A cargo ship carrying more than 2800 brand new cars has sunk after colliding with another vessel in the fog-bound English Channel.